[step-manufacturing] Sandvik has generated roughing and finishing tool path CLS files

bengt.olsson at sandvik.com bengt.olsson at sandvik.com
Fri Sep 28 08:55:30 EDT 2007

Hello Martin,
Sten-Åke has generated the tool paths also for the finishing operation.
The tool used, here named T1, is the same as for Ibusuki (D16 R4 L60).
Programmed cutting data is: spindle speed=15000rpm and feed=3183mm/min. We
have made the hole 5mm deeper than the finished model's bottom surface in
order to create enough space for suggested probing locations.

Regards,
Bengt

Bengt Olsson
Sandvik Tooling Sverige AB, TTLP
Office Phone: +46 26-266691

This e-mail is confidential and it is intended only for the addressees.
Any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If
you have received this e-mail in error, kindly notify us immediately by
telephone or e-mail and delete the message from your system. The sender
does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of
this message which may arise as a result of the e-mail transmission.

Martin Hardwick <hardwick at steptools.com>
2007-09-26 20:45

bengt.olsson at sandvik.com
cc

Subject
Re: Tool path generation

Hi Bengt,

I have started to assemble the data.

You are using a different origin and orientation for the part to that used
by Airbus.

Can you describe the transformation used to move the geometry to the new
location so that I can do the same in the STEP-NC Explorer.

I need to know any rotations and the XYZ shift.

Martin