[wg11] Resignation as EXPRESS Project leader

Ed Barkmeyer edbark at nist.gov
Thu Jul 22 15:23:11 EDT 2004

Phil,

you wrote:

> I have just submitted the final version of EXPRESS edition 2 for ISO
> publishing and feel this is an appropriate time for me to step down as the
> EXPRESS Languages Project Leader.

Well, sir, it has been great!  It was your taking over in 1989 that got
us an EXPRESS standard in 1994, and it has been your tireless efforts in
the recent past that got v2 finally out the door.  You have been a great
technical contributor for 15 years.  You were an effective Editor for
v1.  You were an unflagging leader for v2, in the face of assorted
adversity.  And you demonstrated incredible dedication in continuing the
v2 work after SC4 made the decision to discard most of the work your
team had done in the previous 5 years.  SC4 could not have found a
better leader, in all of its 19 participating countries!

Thank you for everything you've done for the EXPRESS team, and for SC4!
It has always been a great pleasure, and an intellectual experience, to
work with you, and I look forward to the next time our professional
paths happen to cross.

-Ed

Edward J. Barkmeyer                        Email: edbark at nist.gov
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8264                Tel: +1 301-975-3528
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8264                FAX: +1 301-975-4694

  and have not been reviewed by any Government authority."