EXPRESS-X support

Jochen Haenisch Jochen.Haenisch at epmtech.jotne.com
Sun Jun 15 06:39:47 EDT 2003

Dear all,

EPM has had an Express-X implementation since 1996. It is used many places,
among others by BAE Systems in their Eurofighter project. The four
Eurofighter partners are still running their PDM exchange using this
solution.

In 1996, Express-X was still in its infancy. EPM developed it further to
make it a very rich mapping implementation language including many
convenience functions; our product, the EXPRESS Data Manager (EDM), is
implemented as an Express(-X) Virtual Machine.

As P14 is getting closer to completion, we have included a special treatment
for it in EDM. The current P14 is a subset of our Express-X. The coming
release of EDM (version 5.0) will allow you to compile an Express-X
specification to be in accordance to the ISO standard. You may, of course,
still choose to include our Express-X extensions. We hope that P14 is ready
by this autumn.

Specific questions, please, forward to: support at epmtech.jotne.com .

Best wishes, Jochen.
Jochen Haenisch			E-mail: Jochen.Haenisch at epmtech.jotne.com
EPM Technology AS		Home of the EXPRESS Data Manager
P.O Box 6629 Etterstad		Tel: Int + 47 23 17 17 26; mobile: Int + 47
922 60 274
N-0607 Oslo				Fax: Int + 47 23 17 17 01
Norway					Web:  http://www.epmtech.jotne.com