Final technical agreement sought for EXPRESS 2

Wilson, Peter R peter.r.wilson at boeing.com
Thu Apr 17 12:43:30 EDT 2003

Phil,

    You seem to be reviewing a different version of Ed 2 than I am. I'm looking at the version with change marks that Jochen emailed on 28 March. In this the first paragraph of clause `G.4.3 Secondary population' describes a global rule for maintaing REFERENCE semantics.

    Personally, I think that due to the artificial constraints put on the use of USE and REFERENCE by Yang/Danner that first/second class distinctions are moot in STEP models. Don't have any such global rules in the mapping. In other words, I was dissapointed to see the gloabl rule in the algorithm.

    Regarding comments, I strongly urge that any comment mapping be left to implementors of the algorithm, and they should ignore all comments. A comment is a comment is a comment and is white space as far as any EXPRESS processor is concerned.

Peter W.

Dr Peter R. Wilson
Boeing Commercial Airplanes
PO Box 3707, MS 2R-97, Seattle, WA 98124-2207
Tel: (206) 544-0589, Fax: (206) 544-5889
Email: peter.r.wilson at boeing.com
Any opinions expressed above are personal;
they shall not be construed as representative of any organisation.