Final technical agreement sought for EXPRESS 2

Phil Spiby Phil.Spiby at eurostep.com
Thu Apr 17 17:21:52 EDT 2003

Peter,

You are correct, I hadn't got there when I sent my message earlier, I had
just got to the bullet points under G.2 where it states that this
information may be lost. The bullet needs changing to reflect the current
situation regarding the generation of these global rules.

As a secondary issue, the algorithm identified was pointed out as being
inadequate by Alan Williams, my response to this is given below:

We should correct this step in the algorithm if we are going to keep it in.
Comments please!

Phil

--

Response message:
Hi Alan,

Glad to see that someone is watching this ...

Yes you are correct I made up the rule whilst writing the e-mail, and should
have checked it before sending it.

Your circular dependent structure would cause problems, thinking a little
more about this we could set up a select type in the long_form schema which
contains every dependent entity. Then we could test the TYPEOF each member
of the result of USEDIN(I,'') against the select type and only allow those
which are not present. A little more complex but still relatively easy.

Phil