Issues on draft Exp2

Phil Spiby Phil.Spiby at eurostep.com
Thu Jul 4 06:11:31 EDT 2002

Pascal,

Thanks for the comments.

The Language version identifier will be removed
The syntax blocks will be consistant (when I have sent the updated
syntax and a utility to Jochen for handling this!)

There should be no surprise about a Generic_entity attribute being
redeclared to be a Generic_entity extensible select, this does fit in
with the ideas of specialization (although not fully documented yet what
the specializations of a generic_entity are yet!)
The domain (value space) of a generic_entity is all possible entity
instances (anything with a # number in a physical file!), then a
sub-domain (specialization) of that is a generic entity extensible
select, since at most this can specify all entities in the current
schema (i.e. the same as the generic entity itself) but will usually be
a subset of the available entities.

Phil