Technologies 2001

David Price dmprice at us.ibm.com
Thu Feb 8 12:04:28 EST 2001

Bruno,

>We believe, that it is time for sc4 to leave the ivory
>tower and deliver the results of the long time work to industry.

>I proposed that this should be discussed in SC4 in Funchal, especially how
>SC4 is marketing in a better way it's results.

I propose that, unsurprisingly, SC4 is a spectacularly unsuccessful
marketing organization. It's an ISO SC with no real budget for such
activities as they are not really in its charter. All SC4 can really do is
standardize documents. I also propose that industry is the place where
marketing should/can happen. Perhaps coordination through the STEP Centers
has a better chance of success?

If your point is that the most important property of SC4 is the
intellectual content of the models and somehow these need to be presented
to the non-STEP world in a form they can use, then I agree 100 percent. If
that isn't your point, then I'm not sure I understand what problem you are
trying to address. For example I don't understand your Part 28/IIDEAS
comment.

David

IBM Corporation
5300 International Blvd.
N. Charleston, SC 29418, USA
dmprice at us.ibm.com
Phone : +1 (843) 760-4341   Fax : +1 (843) 760-3349
Oooo.
(UNC)
 ) /
(*/