Technologies 2001

bruno.schilli at de.abb.com bruno.schilli at de.abb.com
Thu Feb 8 10:40:11 EST 2001

Daniel, David,
we recently had a similar discussion this week in a german preparation
meeting for Funchal. We believe, that it is time for sc4 to leave the ivory
tower and deliver the results of the long time work to industry. It is not
sufficient to talk about future developments like IIDEAS or part 28 as
generic approach. It's time now to convince the application developers,
that we also have the data models available to create a semantic web. Which
means we have to explicitly show in implementation projects DTD's created
((semi)-automatically) from EXPRESS models like PLIB or APs, which help
industry to agree on product specific characteristics and interfaces to
engineering steps in specific application domains in the XML world.

I proposed that this should be discussed in SC4 in Funchal, especially how
SC4 is marketing in a better way it's results.

best wishes
Bruno Schilli

 (Embedded     Daniel Rivers-Moore <daniel.rivers-moore at rivcom.com>@steptools.com
 image moved   02/08/2001 07:23 AM