[step-manufacturing] Digital Manufacturing meeting in Toulouse May 12-17

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Thu Mar 7 09:27:22 EST 2019

Dear Friends of Digital Manufacturing,

The next meeting of SC4 will be held in Toulouse, France from May 12 to 17.

We have a full program. There are three projects in active development
and we will be hosting the second meeting of the Digital Manufacturing
Implementors Forum (DM-IF).

  * ISO 10303-238 Model Based Manufacturing is being prepared for its
    DIS ballot
  * ISO 23592 Quality Information Framework is being prepared for its
    DIS ballot
  * ISO 23247 Digital Twin Manufacturing Framework is being prepared for
    its CD ballot

The DM-IF will include two demonstrations of digital twin manufacturing.
The first will feature digital twin machining from previously recorded
data. The second will feature digital twin measurement on a CMM. You
must register for the second demonstration which will be held at a
Mitutoyo facility near the airport.

On Thursday there are open slots for vendors to demonstrate their
digital twinning technologies. In the afternoon we will discuss the
formation of a larger scale demonstration in which multiple robots
participate in the "drill and fill" of an airframe structure.

For more information please see the attachments.

I look forward to meeting you in Toulouse.

Martin Hardwick
Convener WG15 Digital Manufacturing