[step-manufacturing] Minutes of August 23 conference call

Jean Brangé [Boost Conseil] jean.brange at boost-conseil.com
Thu Sep 7 11:26:08 EDT 2017

We need to be aligned there ;)

My understanding of part 28 was that it was to provide an implementation binding from Express to XML through an XSD schema derived from an Express schema by applying a P28 transformation.

from what I read in your answer you seem to be more interested in implementing services based processes using on the STEP or QIF data sets representing manufacturing processes (data? ) , seems to be distinct from the  the initial scope of Part 28 , doesn't  it ?

Jean Brange , Boost
--
jean.brange at boost-conseil.com - gsm: + 33-683 628 902 - tel: +33-144568750 - skype: jbrange
Business Opportunities with Organizations, Standards and Technologies

> On 7 Sep 2017, at 17:19, Martin Hardwick <hardwick at steptools.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Jean,
>
> We are talking about updating the ISO 10303-28 specification but not so that it is a new version of Part 21 in XML.
>
> We want to be able to communicate changes between dynamically executing manufacturing systems whose processes are modeled in STEP or QIF.
>
> In our DMDII projects we had a lot of success doing this with MTConnect.
>
> Therefore, we would like to use MTConnect as an exemplar for a new version of Part 28 that enables the communication of dynamic product model changes between CNC and CMM systems, and maybe other types of systems as well.
>
> One of the issues I would like to discuss at an appropriate SC4 meeting is whether such communication also applies to the AP242e1 BOM XML.
>
> I have seen e-mail implying that the BOM XML is being used to communicate kinematic changes between systems which seems similar I think.
>
> Martin
>

> On 9/7/2017 5:29 AM, Jean Brangé [Boost Conseil] wrote:
>> Hi Martin,
>>
>> I see in your slides a refernce to part28
>> 	"•Definition of the new Part 28"
>>
>> Can you provide more details on your thoughts ? ;)
>>
>> are you talking of
>> - updating the ISO 10303-28 specifications ?
>> - using AP242 XSD schemas for exchange of data ?
>> - defining specific AP238 XML schema ?
>>

>> Jean Brange , Boost
>> --
>> jean.brange at boost-conseil.com - gsm: + 33-683 628 902 - tel: +33-144568750 - skype: jbrange
>> Business Opportunities with Organizations, Standards and Technologies
>> 30, rue de Miromesnil - 75008 Paris
>>

>>> On 29 Aug 2017, at 13:02, Martin Hardwick <hardwick at steptools.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Attendees:
>>> Martin Hardwick, STEP Tools, USA
>>> Larry Maggiano, Mitutoyo, USA
>>> David Loffredo, STEP Tools, USA
>>> David Briggs, Boeing, USA
>>> John Horst, NIST USA
>>> Bengt Olsson, Sandvik, Sweden
>>> Alain Brail, Airbus (reitred), France
>>> Jochen Haenisch, EPM, Norway
>>> Serigusz Sobieski, TIZ Implements, Poland
>>> Asa Trainer, ITI, USA
>>> Liming Li, MIcro Encoder, USA
>>> John Horst, NIST USA,
>>> Curtis Brown, KCP, USA
>>>
>>> The current status of the discussion on the inclusion of QIF is summarized in the attached slides.
>>>
>>> The next conference call will be on September 6th.
>>>
>>> Recorded by Martin Hardwick
>>> Convener ISO STEP WG15 Digital Manufacturing
>>>
>>> Action Items:
>>> 1. QIF to use the CAX-IF site as the model for making a list of implementors
>>> 2. WG15 to facilitate a review of AP242 e2 by QIF