[step-manufacturing] Minutes of August 23 conference call

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Thu Sep 7 11:19:07 EDT 2017

Hi Jean,

We are talking about updating the ISO 10303-28 specification but not so
that it is a new version of Part 21 in XML.

We want to be able to communicate changes between dynamically executing
manufacturing systems whose processes are modeled in STEP or QIF.

In our DMDII projects we had a lot of success doing this with MTConnect.

Therefore, we would like to use MTConnect as an exemplar for a new
version of Part 28 that enables the communication of dynamic product
model changes between CNC and CMM systems, and maybe other types of
systems as well.

One of the issues I would like to discuss at an appropriate SC4 meeting
is whether such communication also applies to the AP242e1 BOM XML.

I have seen e-mail implying that the BOM XML is being used to
communicate kinematic changes between systems which seems similar I think.

Martin