[step-manufacturing] Fwd: Article published in AEM on STEP-NC

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Fri Apr 2 09:00:28 EDT 2010

Ian,

For an article like this the reader wants to know that STEP is for CAD
to CAM data exchange and STEP-NC is for CAM to CNC. They do not want or
need to know the details of how the standards are organized. What they
want to know is how the standards deliver benefits to them and that is
what we tried to do in the article.

As for the Beijing agreement it is a restatement of the STEP
architecture. The ARM describes the requirements and the AIM describes
the implementation. We have honored this agreement since the beginning
and continue to do so with the new machine tool model (see the slides
that will be published in our next minutes).

Martin Hardwick
Team leader STEP-Manufacturing
President STEP Tools, Inc.
Professor and Acting Head of Computer Science, RPI