[step-manufacturing] Fwd: Article published in AEM on STEP-NC

Stroud Ian Anthony ian.stroud at epfl.ch
Thu Apr 1 13:13:03 EDT 2010

Martin,
Thank you for the article.  Just one or two points of detail. First of all, as agreed in Beijing, the standard for CNC is not AP238 but ISO 14649, AP238 is for communication.  Second, the 'joke' title comes close to what Siemens meant when they started talking about STEP in machine tool control terms prior to the STEP standard, if I remember correctly from Peter Mueller.  Since Siemens registered the term STEP they may not be too happy if it is banded about loosely like this, but Gernot Rossi would need to answer that.
Best regards and Happy Easter,

Ian