[step-manufacturing] Dallas conference call on Wednesday October 17

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Sun Oct 14 15:12:28 EDT 2007

All,

Our last bi-weekly conference call before Dallas will be on Wednesday
at 10:30 Eastern time and 4:30 French time. The call in numbers and
Webex site will be sent in the reminder message on Tuesday.

The current schedule for Dallas is shown below. The meeting
attendance is going to be high with multiple newcomers so we need to
make sure they feel welcome and are given a chance to understand our
standards and procedures as well as voice their concerns. Therefore,
I have adjusted to schedule to include more time for reviewing the
current standards at the start of each day.

A. Wednesday October 31st

1. Review of the current STEP-NC model and its application to
measurement and inspection.

2. Review of HiPP model extension to AP-238 e2
	- Measurement features
	- Measurement planning
	- Measurement operations
	- Measurement results
	- Measurement evaluation

3. Review of ISO 14649 status and patent issues

4. Demonstration of PLM for Manufacturing

B. Thursday November 1st

5. Machining and inspection demonstration
	- Introduction to STEP-NC
	- Discussion of data assembly procedures
	- Discussion of machining and inspection procedures

6. Machining model extensions for AP-238 e2
	- Helical toolpaths
	- Cutter cross section for feed and speed optimization
	- Adaptive Programming
	- Other

7. AP-238 e2 model for Traceability

8. Planning for future meetings
	- Goals for next manufacturing demonstration
	- Goals for AP-238 edition 2
	- Goals for the Spring meeting in Louisville, Kentucky