[step-manufacturing] New version of the STEP-NC Write library

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Thu Aug 31 19:51:19 EDT 2006

All,

The STEP-NC Write library has been updated to fix a subtle bug that
can occur when XML files containing a lot of numbers are sent between
e-mail systems. Some e-mail systems assume that a "." as the first
character on a line has a special meaning and assume that they
can/should make changes to the data. There are a lot of numbers in
STEP-NC XML file so when any file is transmitted it is quite likely
that sooner or later one of the numbers will be split between two
lines at exactly the decimal point.

Therefore, we have updated the STEP-NC Write Library (and the STEP-NC
DLL) so that an XML escape is used for the decimal points. This
escape is invisible if you look at the data in a browser, but you
will see it if you look at the data in a text editor.

Please e-mail us if you have any questions. There are more details in
the STEP-NC Write documentation on our home page (see the comments in
the print_real() function).

Martin Hardwick
STEP Tools, Inc.