[step-manufacturing] STEP-NC, XML and Hershey

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Mon Aug 21 11:20:46 EDT 2006

All,

The consensus of the feedback on the Hershey meeting is that we
should test STEP-NC data exchange using Part 28 (XML).

One of the reasons for choosing XML is that it makes it easier for
other organizations to participate and develop tools to assist with
the testing.

In this spirit we have developed an Open Source code library for
writing the new XML data. You can find it on our revamped Web pages
at www.steptools.com

If you want to use these libraries to create STEP-NC data we will try
to give you as much support as possible including making images using
our STEP-NC Explorer.  We may also add additional Open Source tools
to help with the testing and if anyone else wants to make tools we
will be glad to assist and post them on our site if desired.

Martin Hardwick
STEP Tools, Inc.