[step-manufacturing] XML or P21 data exchange testing at Hershey

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Sat Aug 5 22:28:18 EDT 2006

All,

Hope you are having a good summer.

We are preparing software for the CAM to CNC data exchange testing
that is to take place at the Hershey meeting in October. The software
consists of code that can be used to create STEP-NC data from CAM
systems, and a viewing/translation system that can be used to verify the data.

Before releasing the software we would like to know if you would
prefer to test P21 data exchange or P28 (XML) data exchange in this
round of testing. Our opinion is that XML data exchange testing would
be more interesting.

It would be very helpful if you could let us know your preference.

Thank you very much for your continuing support of STEP-NC

Martin Hardwick
Team Leader STEP-Manufacturing