[wg11] Update to EXPRESS/HDF5 Mapping - Region Reference Entity Instance IDs

David Price david.price at eurostep.com
Mon Apr 16 20:33:56 EDT 2007

All,

I've uploaded some updates to the EXPRESS/HDF5 mapping today at:

http://www.exff.org/express_binary

The most recent additions are examples of how to write entity instances that
reference other entity instances using HDF5 Region References. The simple
example I uploaded today includes working C code that handles:

ENTITY line;
start_point : point;
end_point : point;
END_ENTITY;

ENTITY point;
x,y,z : REAL;
END_ENTITY;

We were considering also including a tuple-of-integer approach to entity
instance identifiers, but it was my understanding that there is not actually
an integer identifier for each HDF5 dataset as would be required. I'll pursue
that a bit more with the HDF5 Group but it may have to be removed from the
document. A placeholder remains at the moment.

Cheers,
David

P.S. See

--