[wg11] Update on Work with HDF 5 Team

David Price david.price at eurostep.com
Sat Jul 2 07:11:03 EDT 2005

Hello Binary People,

We are working to schedule a conference call with the HDF 5 team next week.
One agenda item for that call is to discuss issues raised against the
current EXPRESS/HDF mapping document. If you have been able to review the
specification and have comments or issues, now is a good time to let us
know.

One key issue from the HDF 5 team is that the concept of "Dataset" is where
the optimization of I/O happens and so we need to use that concept to
represent all large arrays of EXPRESS-driven data.

A small Web page supporting the project is available at (see the V0.1 link
at the bottom of the page):

http://www.exff.org/stepbin.html

Cheers,
David

Phone +44 2077040499 (Note: this will change starting July 11)
Mobile +44 7788561308