[wg11] Information from HDF Group on EXPRESS/Binary

David Price david.price at eurostep.com
Thu May 19 10:29:49 EDT 2005

Just a note...

Through a chat with another HDF user, I got a pointer to HDF Mesh API that
might be useful input to our activity. I've not looked at it myself. See:

http://hdf.ncsa.uiuc.edu/HDF5/papers/prototypes/mesh/

Quoting from that page:

The HDF5 Mesh API (prototype) provides a standard higher-level API for
storing and retrieving structured and unstructured "mesh" data typical of
applications such as computational fluid dynamics, finite element analysis,
and visualization.

It was designed in collaboration with and implemented by CEI, based on CEI's
API for reading and writing mesh data in its EnSight Visualization software.

End quote.

Cheers,
David