[wg11] RE: [step-os] Part 28 comment JP-5 meets EXPRESS Ed.2

David Price david.price at eurostep.com
Fri Sep 10 13:12:54 EDT 2004

Ed,

I think the deprecated constructs in EXPRESS remain in the DTD so that the
syntactic equivalent of the original schema can be recreated from the XML
document. There are good reasons for that, and for what you propose.
However, at this point in time I'd leave the decprecated constructs in the
XML Schema for the Part 28 E2 annex. That would leave any semantic
transforms to a standardized metamodel of EXPRESS - which we both hope will
get underway before long.

Cheers,
David