[wg11] RE: [step-os] thoughts on documenting STEPmod

David Price david.price at eurostep.com
Fri Sep 10 12:59:52 EDT 2004

Josh,

Those are all good ideas.

How much work would that add to the Part 28 E2 project which, it appears,
will shortly be without an editor?

Also, please remember that the only reason the STEPMod DTD exists is as part
of a system for creating documentation. It assumes the validity of the
EXPRESS schema is checked by any parser that outputs an XML document
representing the schema. As I think I said in an email somewhere, it did not
need to be perfect, just good enough for its intended use.

A thought just occurred to me (it does happen occasionally), what about
including the STEPMod DTD as part of Part 25 E2? We could use it as part of
the UML/EXPRESS mapping specification. Is there any reason it must be
standardized in Part 28 E2?

Cheers,
David