[wg11] RE: [step-os] Using STEPMod XML Representation of EXPRESS

David Price david.price at eurostep.com
Tue Sep 7 21:06:48 EDT 2004

All,

I forgot to respond to Ed's request:

> If Japan concurs, David and Josh, will you please write the text to use
> the STEPmod DTD, suitably rendered into XML Schema, to provide the
> resolution for ballot comment JP-5.  It goes in Clause 5.4 of Part 28.
> You can markup N229 or Heidi's latest draft.

As you may have gathered from my other email, I'm not yet convinced this is
a good idea so cannot agree to do this. Even if I was convinced, I just
don't have time to write text for Part 28 E2 to cover all this in the given
timeframe.

I'm not sure what makes sense given the timeframe and that we haven't had
any discussion on this with the STEPMod developers. Adding the STEPMod DTD
as-is as an informative annex or referencing it from an informative
annex/note and making it available on SC4 Online with an SC4 N number might
be sufficient. As I said, I don't know what the requirements really are.

Cheers,
David