SC4: WG11 - P21 MIME type

David Price david.price at eurostep.com
Fri Nov 29 09:41:11 EST 2002

I think I remember guys from NASA (Steve Waterbury maybe?) suggesting
this. I don't remember anyone doing anything about it.

Just out of curiosity, what value is there in a MIME type for Part 21
formatted files without knowing the schema upon which they are based?

In other words, if SC4 wanted to pursue MIME types, would it not make
sense to use "model" and specify an AP (or conformance class or module)?
IGES is already there as a "model".

Cheers,
David