Group qualified inverse attributes (simple versus explicit syntax)

Pascal Huau pascalhuau at goset.asso.fr
Mon Jul 15 10:24:51 EDT 2002

Phil,

you wrote:
My suggested syntax is a little simpler that yours:
INVERSE
   inv_att : SET[1:?] OF sub FOR sup1.att;

This would require that sup1 is in the same sub/sup graph as sub.

Your proposal requires that the entity before the group qualifier is the
same as before the FOR keyword.

PH: this was by intent, to clearly show that att is an inherited attribute
(and not a "direct" one).
In any case, we are looking for instances of sub that refer to a particular
entity with their attribute att.
My syntax  inv_att : SET[1:?] OF sub FOR sub\sup1.att; is also probably
easier to check for parsers.

Regards,
Pascal Huau
Association GOSET