Part 28 Workshop Invite

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Fri Jul 12 15:05:38 EDT 2002

Dear SC4 Experts:

As announced on the exploders we will be holding a Part 28 workshop at STEP Tools, Inc. on September 12-13, 2002. The goal of the workshop is to prepare Edition 2 of Part 28 for ballot by finishing
the specification and agreeing on the configuration language.

Attached you will find a document which contains hotel information, driving directions, parking instructions, and telephone contact numbers. If you are looking for the best hotel price and location (i.e., closest to STEP Tools), I recommend staying at the Hampton Inn. It is approximately 10 minutes from STEP Tools and will offer a better commute than the Wingate and Desmond which are located closer to the airport.

For those of you who are travelling from overseas the closest International Airports are
in NY City and Boston. However, most people in Albany drive to these towns or in the case
of NY city take the train. Therefore, the connecting plane service is not very good. Other
options including entering the US in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Chicago or Atlanta. There
is a direct jet service to Albany from all of these airports. On the other hand you might
like to visit NYC and then take the train up to visit us. The service is good and quite
scenic because the train travels alongside the Hudson River.

In addition, would you please RSVP to me via email (hardwick at steptools.com) indicating your attendance.

Please include the following information.

Name
Company
Address
Phone
Fax
Email

This information is needed for planning purposes and I would appreciate your RSVP prior to August 26th. If anyone needs additional information to help justify the trip please let me know.
We are looking forward to an excellent workshop and will plan a small social event for the
night of September 12th.

Thank you,