E2 to E1 SHTOLO test files

Phil Spiby Phil.Spiby at eurostep.com
Wed May 8 11:47:25 EDT 2002

Ed,

I think we are in violent agreement!
My view of syntax is "a closed collection of schemas used to define a model
for a particular purpose".
I also came to the conclusion that the language version id is now looking
like a parser invocation option and could probably be removed.

If this is the case then we have to assume that all schemas will be parsed
against the latest version of EXPRESS.

Phil

PS. To go back to my CADDETC roots ...
I would like then to see a standard set of test files made publicly
available, which is used to test EXPRESS parsers, so that users can feel
confident about the EXPRESS toolkits they are using. I doubt if that will
happen though because the last time I tried to suggest that at EUG'95 there
was no interest from either the user community or the vendor community.