So you say you want a revolution

david-price at btclick.com david-price at btclick.com
Fri Oct 26 07:32:44 EDT 2001

Alan,
Your reply presupposes how P21 with E2 would work. One could also think of any attribute that was not instantiable as simply a pattern/template/constraint for modelers that does not affect data. So, P21 could say to ignore any attribute that does not have a type that is instantiable. Then these attributes, all with the same name, would simply appear in the subtypes, not in the ABSTRACT ENTITY. I'm not necessarily suggesting that I think this is the best approach. I'm just suggesting that there is more than one way to address this issue.

Cheers,
David