Necessity of Part 25 change supporting ONEOF?

Bernd G. Wenzel bernd.wenzel at eurostep.com
Sat Mar 3 23:55:42 EST 2001

Lothar,

David's comment must be read in the context of Part 25, which
should be useful outside of STEP. Therefore David is right.

You're addressing a different issue. The usage of EXPRESS by
other parts of the STEP standard is questionable for many
reasons. That's why it is sometimes nearly impossible to use
off-the-shelf EXPRESS tools for performant STEP implementations.
Some tools have STEP switches to control their execution. I agree
with you, that this should be fixed, but I don't know, who is
going to pay for it.

:-) Bernd