ARe: Announcing four week review of WG10 N318 on modularized AP contents

Pascal Huau pascalhuau at compuserve.com
Tue Sep 26 03:04:37 EDT 2000

David,

I'd like to get some further information about the content of WG10 N308.
Reading this document, I understand that an module-based AP will contain a
Clause 4.2+ARM and a clause 5 defining conformance requirements.
But there will not be any mapping-table nor any full interpreted EXPRESS
schema.

On this basis, my questions are the following:
- if clause 4.2 contains industry terminology, where will we find the
correspondence between these definitions and the IR constructs that finally
will be instantiated?
- what do you mean in WG10N308 clause 4.6 with the bullet "a list of
entities defined in the application module referenced in 4.1 of the AP that
are not included in the conformance class"? What will these entities be: IR
entities or specialization of IRs, or, application objects defined using
industry terminology?
- if this list is not empty, how the implementers will get the complete set
of Express specifications to be implemented (NB: I do not require (yet?) a
full Express schema but I would like to know how to collect all the bits
needed)
- what would happen if an AP needs a rule that apply to entities defined in
different modules? Where would that rule be defined in EXPRESS language?

Regards,
P. Huau
Association GOSET
107,111 avenue Georges Clemenceau