[step-manufacturing] Digital Twin Framework meetings in January and February

Lalliard Laurent Laurent.lalliard at cetim.fr
Thu Jan 9 05:42:56 EST 2020

Happy New Year Everyone,

Just one comment concerning ISO CD 23247 Draft concerning the section  :  (4.4) Benefits of Digital Twin for manufacturing   on my point of view the benefit on the process and not just on the economical side but also technical goal should be more emphasis.

Production scheduling assurance
Digital Twin for manufacturing facilitates real time monitoring of production, allowing management to dynamically adjust the manufacturing throughput to meet a production schedule.
Sophisticated manufacturing processes adapt in real time to variations in the manufacturing environment.  These variations could include stock size and material characteristics, cutter sharpness, and equipment variations.  If a Digital Twin of the manufacturing process is maintained, analytics can be used to predict the completion time of a manufacturing process.  This prediction could be used to either adjust scheduling at a factory level[C1] .
Process improvement[C2]
Digital Twin for manufacturing could  be used to adjust the manufacturing process itself, to allow for more economical processing or reach a technical level impossible by conventional methods[C3] .

Best regards,

Laurent LALLIARD<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki2ow4_WdCM>
Systèmes de Production Intégrés
+33 (0)4 77 79 41 38