[step-manufacturing] Minutes of March 16th conference call

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Fri Mar 16 16:38:22 EDT 2018

Attendees:

Martin Hardwick, STEP Tools, USA
Magnus Lundgren, KTH, Sweden
Leon Xu, Boeing, USA
David Odendahl, Boeing, USA
Thanh Hyun, Okuma, USA
Ted Driggs, Okuma, USA
Larry Maggiano, Mitutoyo, USA
Liming Li, JSL Innovations, USA,
Zhigang Wang, UTRC, USA
Bob Erickson, P&W, USA
Paul HUang, US Navy, USA
Liming Li, JSL Innovations, USA
Udo Herbes, DMG, USA
Daniel, Niederwestberg, DMG, Germany
MIchael Kirbach, DMG, USA
Clinton Christian, Renishaw, Canada
Larry Maggiano, Mitutoyo, USA

Apologies to those who missed the call because I forgot to remind
everyone that the USA has already moved to summer time, but not the rest
of the world.

We reviewed the preparations for the Grand Challenge. DMG is visiting
Boeing next week. Mitutoyo will have a CMM on the next floor of the same
building.

We reviewed the agenda for the upcoming ISO meeting in China. Several
typos were fixed and a new version is attached.

We reviewed the revised version of the architecture diagram for the
Digital Twin Manufacturing Framework (see below). We thought the line
between the CMM and the Metrology report should include a QIF label and
the google network bot. We thought using Hz for the speed measures is
confusing and suggest their replacement with 1ms and 1,000s.

The next conference call will be at the regular times on Wednesday March 28.

Martin Hardwick
Convener WG15 Digital Manufacturing