[step-manufacturing] USA ideas for the Digital Twin Manufacturing Framework

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Fri Nov 3 08:07:37 EDT 2017

All,

We have been discussing the Korean proposal for a Digital Twin
Manufacturing Framework in the USA and have some ideas which are
summarized in the attached slides.

They include creating protocols so that standards such as STEP, QIF and
JT can be used to define manufacturing twins, and developing a new
edition of Part 28 so that CNC, CMM and Robot twins can share data about
a common manufacturing task.

I look forward to our discussions in Jeju.

Martin Hardwick
Convenor WG15