[step-manufacturing] Minutes of April 19 conference call

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Wed Apr 19 16:15:53 EDT 2017

Attendees
--------------

Martin Hardwick, STEP Tools, USA
David Loffredo, STEP Tools, USA
Bengt Olsson, Sandvik, Sweden
Mikael Hedlind, Scania, Sweden
Jumyung um, POSTECH, Korea
Alain Brail, Airbus (retired) France
John Bijnens, KU Leuven, Belgium
Sid Venkatesh, Boeing, USA
David Odendahl, Boeing, USA
Leon Xu, Boeing, USA
Bob Ericksson, P&W, USA
Thanh Huyn, Okuma, USA
John Horst, NIST, USA
Larry Maggiano, Miututoyo, USA
Asa Trainer, ITI, USA
Michael Howard, DMDII, USA
Liming Li, Micro Encoder, USA

We discussed the on-machine probing demonstration. The equipment has
been purchased but not yet installed. The time between purchase and
installation is typically 4 weeks so we should plan on doing our on-site
testing on May 23, 24 and 25.

The probing program was tested at Boeing last weekend.  Issues were
found with the initialization code, and with the setup because the
program was set to operate in part space and not machine space.

We discussed enhancing the demonstration to include tolerance
criticality information. ITI is defining a test case for the CAX-IF that
includes this information and KTH has done some prototyping (see
attached slides).

The next conference call will be held at the new times (10:30 Eastern
etc) on Wednesday May 3rd.

Martin Hardwick
Convener WG15 Digital Manufacturing

Action Items
1. STEP Tools to generate a probing program that operates in machine space.
2. KTH/Scania/Sandvik to develop AP242 models for the tooling.
3. ITI to review KTH data for compatibility with proposed CAX-IF approach.