[step-manufacturing] Digital Twin demonstration on a Haas mini-mill at 3:50PM Eastern on Monday December 19th

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Fri Dec 16 14:18:54 EST 2016

All,

At 3:50PM Eastern on Monday December 19th we will machine a simple part
on a Haas mini-mill and make a digital twin of the results. You will be
able to see the demonstration by going to the following web site:

http://core-demo.ecse.rpi.edu:8080

There will be a camera showing the part being machined while a virtual
model of the part is built in the digital twin. You should be able to
see both the camera and the model in your web browser or smart phone.
Chrome, Firefox and Safari are recommended. For smart phones, only the
model will be shown because there is not screen space for a camera image
as well. (On some phones you may see the camera if you rotate it to the
horizontal position).

Unfortunately there will not be any sound because of privacy issues (you
can broadcast images without explicit permission but not voices).

We will be setting the demo up at about 3:30 and we cannot promise any
response from the web site until then.

The demo will start when the students begin their presentation at about
3:50 and it will take about 10 minutes. The students will first jog the
machine in different directions and then they will begin the machining.

Martin Hardwick
Convener ISO STEP Digital Manufacturing