[step-manufacturing] Minutes and October 5th meeting invitation for SC4

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Mon Aug 15 13:55:00 EDT 2016

Attendees
--------------

Martin Hardwick, STEP Tools, USA
David Loffredo, STEP Tools, USA
Bengt Olsson, Sandvik, Sweden
Magnus Lundgren, KTH, Sweden
Pierre Duchier, Airbus, France
Christian Callet, Datakit, France
Norman Swindells, Feroday, UK
Paul Huang, ONR, USA
Michael Howard, DMDII, USA
Sid Venkatesh, Boeing, USA
David Odendahl, Boeing, USA
Leon Xu, Boeing, USA
Dan Finke, Penn State University, USA
Graham Hemingway, Vandebilt, USA
Vincent Marchetti, Ameritech, USA

We discussed the demonstration meeting to be held on October 5th. There
will be three sessions. The first at 8:30AM will be for Boeing
personnel, the second at 10:30AM will be for SC4, the third at 12:30PM
will be for the MTConnect Tag. The demonstration will show services for
integrated machining and measurement using traditional machined and
robots. There will be no charge for attendance. The SC4 invitation is
attached.

We viewed the latest version of the Machining Tool Advisor running from
an MTConnect stream. We viewed the tolerance advice as the machining
takes place.
http://www.steptools.com/demos/mtc/

Boeing has provided an algorithm for tool wear / speed optimization.
This algorithm will be integrated into the system when the volume
removal has been completed. Rough deadlines for the remainder of the
implementation and testing are as follows:

1. Wet run machining data for Titanium Boxy - August 22nd
2. System completion / Feature freeze - August 24th
3. First code drop to Boeing - August 29th
4. DMDII demo using prerecorded wet run data - September 7th
5. Boeing site visit for system testing and configuration - September
11th-13th
6. Arrival in Mukilteo for demonstration setup - September 28th, 29th or
30th

A recording of this call is at the ftp address below
ftp://downloads.steptools.com/private/JWG15/Cycle7/JWG_15_20160810.mp4

Martin Hardwick
Digital Manufacturing Advisory Group Convener (WG15 again)