[step-manufacturing] Minutes of April 20th c all

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Mon Apr 25 09:57:51 EDT 2016

Attendees
--------------
Martin Hardwick, STEP Tools, USA
David Loffredo, STEP Tools, USA
Bengt Olsson, Sandvik, Sweden
Pierre Duchier, Airbus, France
Alain Brail, Airbus (retired), France
Christian Callet, Datakit, France
John Bijnens, KU Leuven, Belgium
JuMyung, POSTECH, Korea
Sid Venkatesh, Boeing, USA
Dan Finke, Penn State University, USA
Ted Driggs, Okuma, USA
Larry Maggiano, Miututoyo, USA
Asa Trainer, ITI, USA
Vincent Marchetti, Ameritech, USA
Bob Erickson, Pratt and Whitney, USA
John Horst, NIST, USA

We discussed a first draft of the machining process for titanium. The
issues identified will be fixed by PSU and a new version will be
presented for the next call.
ftp://downloads.steptools.com/private/JWG15/Cycle7/titanium_process_stpnc_coromant_analysis.pptx

We discussed the tooling for the October 5th demonstration. The DMG
machine spindle is 18,000 RPM and has an HSK 83A holder. For the first
cut we will be using a 16mm tool for the facing and a 10mm tool for the
pocketing.

We discussed how to develop the tooling service to allow suggestions
from the tool vendor before the final process is selected.
ftp://downloads.steptools.com/private/JWG15/Cycle7/Machining_Process_Planning_Service.pptx
(slide 4)

The next meeting will be at the regular times on Wednesday May 4th.

A recording of this call is at the ftp address below
ftp://downloads.steptools.com/private/JWG15/Cycle7/JWG_15_20160420.mp4

Martin Hardwick
Team Leader