[step-manufacturing] Minutes of November 4th conference call

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Fri Nov 6 16:43:01 EST 2015

Attendees
--------------
Martin Hardwick, STEP Tools, USA
David Loffredo, STEP Tools, USA
Bengt Olsson, Sandvik, Sweden
Mikael Hedlind, Scania, Sweden
Magnus Lundgren, KTH, Sweden
Alain Brail, AIrbus (retired), France
Christian Callet, Datakit, France
Zhigang Wang, Makino, USA
David Odendahl, Boeing, USA
Sid Venkatesh, Boeing, USA
Graham Hemingway, Vanderbilt, USA
Tom Raun, Iscar, USA
Will Sobel, System Insights, USA
Sean Cahill, Gosiger, USA
Pierre Duchier, Airbus, USA
Vincent Marchetti, Ameritech, USA
Larry Maggiano, Miututoyo, USA

This was the first telecon for the new Joint Working Group of Digital
Manufacturing (JWG15). The attached presentation summarizes the role and
purposes of the new group.

We reviewed the following template for the technical reports that will
be issued by the new Working Group.
ftp://downloads.steptools.com/private/JWG15/Cycle7/wg15template.doc

The goal of the reports shall be to explain how the manufacturing
industry can use STEP to define information for activities such as
tooling optimization and advanced product quality planning (APQP). The
first template will explain how to define the kinematics of a machine
tool (see action items).

We discussed the interface between STEP and MTConnect. An issue raised
by Okuma was forwarded to System Insights for resolution.

A recording of this conference calls is on the web site at the address
below:
ftp://downloads.steptools.com/private/JWG15/Cycle7/JWG_15_DigMan20151104.mp4

The next conference call is planned for Wednesday November 18th.

Martin Hardwick
Team Leader ISO STEP-Manufacturing

Action Items
Mikael Hedlind and David Odendahl to prepare an outline for the first
technical report on how to use AP242 to define the kinematics of a
machine tool.