[step-manufacturing] Minutes of December 10 conference call

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Fri Dec 12 16:44:35 EST 2014

Attendees
--------------
Martin Hardwick, STEP Tools, USA
David Loffredo, STEP Tools, USA
Julie Huang, Sandvik Sweden
Bengt Olsson, Sandvik, Sweden
Mikael Tedborg, Sandvik, Sweden
Mikael Hedlind, Scania, Sweden
Alain Brail, Airbus (retired), France
NC Kashore, Dassault Systemes, France
Bryan Dods, GE Power and Water, USA
Charles Gilman, GE Global Research, USA
Sid Venkatesh, Boeing, USA
Vincent Marchetti, Ameritech, USA
Shogo Nakashima, Makino, USA
Thanh Huynh, Okuma, USA
Tom Raun, Iscar, USA
Larry Maggiano, Mitutoyo, USA
Dan Finke, Penn State University, USA
Chris Ligetti, Penn State University, USA
Graham Hemingway, Vanderbilt, USA

We reviewed the agenda for the February 13th and 14th kick off meeting
in Orlando.
ftp://www.steptools.com/private/CAM_exchange/Cycle_5/Mind_the_Gap_kickoff_meeting_agenda.pdf
ftp://www.steptools.com/private/CAM_exchange/Cycle_5/Mind_the_Gap_Overview_Chart.pdf

We reviewed the DARPA AVM background technology that will be used to
build the NC Generation Service for Mind the Gap. Many thanks to Dr. Dan
Finke of the Penn State, Applied Research Laboratory for making this
presentation.
ftp://www.steptools.com/private/CAM_exchange/Cycle_5/AVM_iFAB_NC_Generation.pptx

We were unable to see a demonstration of the MTConnect feedback loop
because of a last minute glitch in a software license.

The last conference call of 2014 will be held on December 17 at the
regular times and feature a presentation by Vanderbilt University on the
technology that will be used to develop the 3D Process Visualization
Service.

A recording of this conference calls is on the web site at the address
below:
ftp://www.steptools.com/private/CAM_exchange/Cycle_5/stepmanuf_telecon_20141210.wmv

Martin Hardwick
Team Leader ISO STEP-Manufacturing