[step-manufacturing] Makino Participation in AP-238

Wang, Zhigang Zhigang.Wang at makino.com
Wed Aug 13 11:31:43 EDT 2014

Martin and Leon,

Thank you for inviting me to your meeting you and join the working group. Recently I just started to learn the concept of STEP-NC and its applications; can you help me clarify the following questions and comments:

*         From machine tool builder's point of view, it would be great to include more machining information instead of G-code blocks during machining. How can a machine tool builder get this STEN-NC function? Develop a new controller or add on libraries on the existing control system?

*         How easy is the output of STEP-NC machining information accessible for further development?

*         Can the STEP-NC part programs be interpreted by CNC controller, like Siemens and Fanuc's controller? If so, our machine tool builders can develop additional intelligent functions based on STEP-NC and promote the technology among manufacturing industries.

*         If you have more detailed information about STEP-NC, is it possible to share it with us?
We are looking forward to meeting you in IMTS,

Best regards,

Zhigang