[step-manufacturing] Minutes of May 28 Conference Call

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Fri May 30 14:23:16 EDT 2014

Attendees
--------------
Martin Hardwick, STEP Tools, USA
David Loffredo, STEP Tools, USA
Bengt Olsson, Sandvik, Sweden
Julie Huang, Sandvik, Sweden
Mikael Hedlind, Scania, Sweden
Kevin Warren, Sandvik, USA
Mike Restall, Sandvik, USA
David Odendahl, Boeing, USA
Sid Venkatesh, Boeing, USA
Leon Xu, Boeing, USA
Tom Raun, Iscar, USA
Vincent Marchetti, Ameritech, USA
Alain Brail, Airbus (retired), France
Hubert Ekongolo, Aix-Marseille University, France
Yin Lampard Zhang, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Bob Baldizzi, Okuma, USA
Brian Sides, Okuma, USA

Many thanks to David Odendahl for his hard work in assembling the new
HARDMoldy data.
ftp://www.steptools.com/private/CAM_exchange/Cycle_4/v2_IMTS_HARDMOLDY.zip

We discussed the file extension for STEP-NC files and agreed that in the
future the extension ".stpnc" will be used for ISO 10303-238 files in
the Part 21 format.

We discussed the power and torque properties that must be met for a
process to be valid for a machine.

The Okuma simulator has arrived at STEP Tools.
ftp://www.steptools.com/private/CAM_exchange/Cycle_4/Simulator_at_STEP.jpg

A recording of the call is on the ftp site.
ftp://www.steptools.com/private/CAM_exchange/Cycle_4/stepmanuf_telecon_20140528.wmv

The next conference call will be held at the regular times on a
different day TUESDAY June 3rd

Action Items
1. Martin Hardwick to complete the new HardMoldy by adding the Sandvik
and Iscar process data.
2. Leon Xu to prepare a list of requirement parameters for process
optimization (horespower, torque etc).
3. Sandvik and Iscar to ship new tooling to Okuma