[step-manufacturing] Please test ISO 13399 Tool Assembly functionality

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Tue Apr 8 08:19:17 EDT 2014

All,

The latest version of the STEP-NC Explorer has been enhanced to read the
components of a tool assembly from relative addresses. As a result these
components can be included as sub-directories in the ZIP containing a
STEP-NC dataset.

In order to test this functionality you need to load the latest version
of the STEP-NC Explorer (10.18) and use it to read the latest STEP-NC
data for HARDMOLDY

ftp://www.steptools.com/private/CAM_exchange/Cycle_2/v20_HARDMOLDY.zip

This version of the data has ISO 13399 assemblies for  5 cutting tools
in its sub-directories. The functionality is slightly slow and you
should see a noticeable delay when you first hit the tool tab at the
bottom left of the STEP-NC Explorer.

The delay will be reduced by implementing more intelligent caching (no
need to read the data if the tool has already been assembled) but if
there are still issues with the assembly code then the caching will make
any fixes harder to resolve. Hence if you have time please try this new
functionality and let me know if you find any issues with the new data
load in your environment. The issues I am anticipating will happen when
you first hit the tool tab though of course you are welcome to report
any others that you find.

Martin Hardwick
Team Leader STEP-Manufacturing