[step-manufacturing] Minutes of March 26th conference call

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Thu Mar 27 16:14:15 EDT 2014

Attendees
--------------
Martin Hardwick, STEP Tools, USA
David Loffredo, STEP Tools, USA
Yin Lampard Zhang, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Magnus Lundgren, KTH, Sweden
Mikael Hedlind, Scania, Sweden
Bengt Olsson, Sandvik, Sweden
Mike Restall, Sandvik, USA
Kevin Warren, Sandvik, USA
David Odendahl, Boeing, USA
Fred Proctor, NIST, USA
Vincent Marchetti, Ameritech, USA
Larry Maggiano, Mitutoyo, USA
Tom Raun, Iscar, USA
Doron Cohen, Iscar Israel
Robert Erickson, Pratt and Whitney, USA

We discussed the machining demonstration. A new version of the Sandvik
process is now ready for testing, but the Boeing operator is currently
on vacation. We scheduled the machining for Friday April 4th. When we
have parts machined using the three processes we will arrange to meet
with the principal machine tool vendors to discuss their requirements
for an IMTS demonstration.

ftp://www.steptools.com/private/CAM_exchange/Cycle_2/v18_HARDMOLDY.zip

We discussed web visualization. A fast version of our web demos has been
produced by the DARPA AVM team at Vanderbilt. We hope to update these
demos to include machining kinematics and machining simulation.

http://ghemingway.github.io/cad.js/?resource_url=/cad.js/data/cutter/index.json

http://ghemingway.github.io/cad.js/?resource_url=/cad.js/data/rear/index.json

http://ghemingway.github.io/cad.js/?resource_url=/cad.js/data/rccar/index.json
(this one takes a little time to load)

You need to be using Chrome or Firefox because IE does not fully support
WebGl yet.

The next conference call will be held at the normal times for the both
the USA and Europe, on Wednesday April 9th. A recording of this
conference call is at the address below:

ftp://www.steptools.com/private/CAM_exchange/Cycle_3/stepmanuf_telecon_20140326.wmv