[step-manufacturing] Minutes of March 18th conference call

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Fri Mar 21 15:24:37 EDT 2014

Attendees
--------------
Martin Hardwick, STEP Tools, USA
David Loffredo, STEP Tools, USA
Yin Lampard Zhang, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Magnus Lundgren, KTH, Sweden
Mikael Hedlind, Scania, Sweden
Bengt Olsson, Sandvik, Sweden
Mike Restall, Sandvik, USA
Kevin Warren, Sandvik, USA
David Odendahl, Boeing, USA
Sid Venkatesh, Boeing, USA
Leon Xu, Boeing, USA
Vincent Marchetti, Ameritech, USA
Larry Maggiano, Mitutoyo, USA
Tom Raun, Iscar, USA
Robert Erickson, Pratt and Whitney, USA

We discussed our request to Okuma show the tooling optimization
demonstration in their booth at IMTS. We decided that it might be most
effective if we brought several test parts to the demonstration and then
machined a simple feature on one part with the original and optimization
processes to demonstrate the effect.

ftp://www.steptools.com/private/CAM_exchange/Cycle_3/Okuma_proposal.pdf

We already have Moldy as a test part and there are new parts on a NIST
web site that we should also consider.

http://www.nist.gov/el/msid/infotest/mbe-pmi-validation.cfm

The next conference call will be held at the regular times for the USA,
and irregular times (one hour early) in the UK and Europe, on Wednesday
March 26th. A recording of this conference call is at the address below:

ftp://www.steptools.com/private/CAM_exchange/Cycle_3/stepmanuf_telecon_20140319.wmv

Action Items