[step-manufacturing] Minutes of September 11 conference call

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Sat Sep 14 14:25:23 EDT 2013

Attendees
--------------
Martin Hardwick, STEP Tools, USA
David Loffredo, STEP Tools, USA
Mikael Hedlind, Scania, Sweden
Bengt Olsson, Sandvik, Sweden
Julie Huang, Sandvik, Sweden
Mike Tedeborg, Sandvik, Sweden
Mike Restal, Sandvik, USA
Kevin Warren, Sandvik, USA
Vincent Marchini, Ameritech, USA
Fred Proctor, NIST, USA
Sid Venkatesh, Boeing, USA
David Odendahl, Boeing, USA
Leon Xu, Boeing USA
Robert Erickson, Pratt and Whitney, USA
Thomas Raun, ISCAR, USA
Doren Cohen, ISCAR, Israel
Parag Vichare, UWS, Scotland
Alain Brail, Airbus (retired), France
Ian Stroud, EPFL, Switzerland
Yin Lampard Zhang, University of Auckland, New Zealand

The baseline program has been completed and the titanium part is
scheduled to be machined on Thursday, September 19. The data for the
baseline will be delivered as a CC2 STEP-NC file and posted on the
STEP-Manufacturing ftp site. The participants will be able to read the
data using the STEP-NC Explorer and process it in their CAD/CAM systems
using the assistance of the vendors.

We discussed the possibility of setting up a consortium to share the new
STEP-NC translators before the code is sufficiently mature for
commercial deployment. The consortium would determine the best ways for
the supply chain to use the translators, and it would manage the
enhancements and extensions required for the second edition of AP238.

We decided to pursue the possibility by applying for a NIST planning grant.

The next conference call will be held at the regular times on Wednesday
September 25th

Action Items