[step-manufacturing] Minutes of August 28 conference call

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Fri Aug 30 11:51:39 EDT 2013

Attendees
--------------
Martin Hardwick, STEP Tools, USA
David Loffredo, STEP Tools, USA
Mikael Hedlind, Scania, Sweden
Bengt Olsson, Sandvik, Sweden
Julie Huang, Sanvik, Sweden
Mike Restal, Sandvik, USA
Kevin Warren, Sandvik, USA
Vincent Marchini, Ameritech, USA
Fred Proctor, NIST, USA
Sid Venkatesh, Boeing, USA
Robert Erickson, Pratt and Whitney, USA
Thomas Raun, ISCAR, USA
Parag Vichare, UWS, Scotland

The CAM Tooling pilot continues to meet its modified scheduled. Titanium
parts have been purchased for the baseline testing which will take place
at Boeing on September 16th.

We continued our discussion of STEP-NC AP238 Edition 2.  A summary was
given of the lessons learned from the AP238 Edition 1 testing. A new
measurement workingstep should be added to edition 2. A new
measurement_uncertainty should be added to quantify the accuracy of
measurement devices. Multi-system measurement devices are becoming
available for CNC controls and we should consider running a pilot to
test their operation using STEP-NC.

ftp://www.steptools.com/private/AP238e2/Measurement_pilot.pdf

The next conference call will be held at the regular times on Wednesday
September 11th

Action Items