[step-manufacturing] Minutes of CCAM meeting

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Thu Jun 27 10:29:37 EDT 2013

Attendees
--------------
Martin Hardwick, STEP Tools, USA
Fred Proctor, NIST, USA
David Odendahl, Boeing, USA
Charles Gilman, GE, USA
Thomas Raun, ISCAR, USA
Andrew Benson, ISCAR, USA
Mike Restall, Sandvik, USA
Kevin Warren, Sandvik, USA

Telecon Attendees
-------------------------
David Loffredo, STEP Tools, USA
Mikael Hedlind, Scania, Sweden
Bengt Olsson, Sandvik, Sweden
Vincent Marchini, Ameritech, USA
Robert Erickson, Pratt and Whitney, USA
Ian Stroud, EPFL, Switzerland
Yin Lampard Zhang, University of Auckland, New Zealand

We agreed on a schedule for the CAM-Tooling pilot that will complete the
machining tests in October. We agreed that the test part should be
Moldy. We agreed that the part should be machined from Titanium 6AL4V.
We agreed to add pockets and chamfers to make the part typical of more
machining tasks.

We agreed on a set of extensions to the Catia STEP-NC translator to
enable the exchange of the optimizations determined by the tool vendors
with Boeing.

We agreed on the set of steps necessary to repeat the pilot for a
production part in the Fall.

We agreed that the target for the optimization should be a 15%
improvement in the process.

We discussed the Made-to-Measure pilot and agreed that there is a new
opportunity to work with the new generation of meteorology systems that
can measure parts in-situ. We discussed a scenario in which the surfaces
that need to be measured are sent to the meteorology systems as STL
files, and returned as a measured facets, which are then used to modify
the path of the contour to be machined.

We agreed to have further discussions with the meteorology vendors.

We discussed the Machining-Simulation pilot but were unable to agree on
any short term goals.

Martin Hardwick
Team Leader STEP-Manufacturing

Titanium 6AL4V