[step-manufacturing] Minutes of March 20 conference call

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Tue Mar 26 11:04:02 EDT 2013

Attendees
--------------
Martin Hardwick, STEP Tools, USA
David Loffredo, STEP Tools, USA
Mikael Hedlind, Scania, Sweden
Magnus Lundgren, KTH, Sweden
Vincent Marchini, Ameritech, USA
Fred Proctor, NIST, USA
Alain Brail Airbus (retired), France
Bengt Olsson, Sandvik, Sweden
Mikael Tedborg, Sandvik, Sweden
David Madeley, Siemens, UK
Tom Raun, ISCAR, USA
Tom Teter, Dassault Systemes, USA
David Odendahl, Boeing, USA
Sid Venkatesh, Boeing, USA
Leon Xu, Boeing, USA
Robert Erickson, Pratt and Whitney, USA

We decided on two goals for the face to face meeting:

1. Demonstrate machine portability for the three STEP-NC files made by
the three CAM systems.
2. Determine a plan for reading the STEP-NC data back into the CAM systems.

In our discussions it became clear that we would not meet these goals
for a meeting on April 8th and 9th. We discussed two alternate dates.
May 6th and 7th is convenient for most of the team but unavailable at
CCAM. June 24th and 25th is convenient for CCAM but a date this late may
slow momentum.

We decided to machine the part using 7075-T73 Aluminum. We discussed the
part dimensions and it was observed that a previous version of Boxy was
much better documented in this respect. This version has now been posted
on the web site:

http://www.steptools.com/camxc/Boxy_Part_4-Axis_Machining_2_Setups1.238
(1.7M Zipped P28 XML)
http://www.steptools.com/camxc/Boxy_Part_4-Axis_Machining_2_Setups.stpnc
(8M P21 text)

The next conference call will be at the regular times on Wednesday April
3rd. The meeting will include a demonstration of STEP-NC export from NX.

A recording of this conference call is available at the following ftp site:

ftp://www.steptools.com/private/CAM_exchange/Cycle_1/stepmanuf_telecon_20130320.wmv

Martin Hardwick
Team Leader ISO STEP-Manufacturing