[step-manufacturing] Conference call coordinates and five axis machines in WebGL

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Wed Jan 4 13:42:58 EST 2012

On 1/4/2012 8:46 AM, Martin Hardwick wrote:
> All,
>
> The coordinates for the conference call are the same ones that we have
> been using for several meetings (many thanks to Sandvik). We have
> updated the demo pages to include the Hermle machine that we defined
> in NX and Catia on the last conference call, the Boeing Gantry and one
> of the robot arms.
>
> http://www.steptools.com/demos/
>
> The times are 4:30 France, 3:30 UK, 10:30 Eastern USA and 7:30 Western
> USA.
>
> 1.  Please join the meeting.
> https://www2.gotomeeting.com/join/285940474
>
> 2.  Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is
> recommended.  Or, call in using your telephone.
>
> Australia: +61 (0) 2 6108 4655
> Austria: +43 (0) 7 2088 1403
> Belgium: +32 (0) 28 08 4294
> Canada: +1 (416) 800-9295
> Denmark: +45 (0) 69 91 88 65
> Finland: +358 (0) 942 41 5781
> France: +33 (0) 182 880 459
> Germany: +49 (0) 898 7806 6468
> Ireland: +353 (0) 14 845 979
> Italy: +39 0 699 36 98 81
> Netherlands: +31 (0) 208 080 382
> New Zealand: +64 (0) 4 974 7214
> Norway: +47 (0) 21 03 58 99
> Spain: +34 931 81 6669
> Sweden: +46 (0) 852 503 499
> Switzerland: +41 (0) 435 0167 09
> United Kingdom: +44 (0) 203 535 0610
> United States: +1 (914) 339-0034
>
> Access Code: 285-940-474
> Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting

Tues on interactions with rest of SC4 and other SC's. Thursday on
STEP-NC modeling issues

Accuracy demonstration and holographics demonstration
KTH to check if WebGL data sufficient for holographics.
KTH to develop scenario for accuracy demonstration
STI to consider how to present accuracy data
> 2. Kinematics data exchange using AP-242 and AP-238
>           a. Setting the cutting tool in the spindle
Agreed that this should be done as a feature on the tool and on the machine
>           b. Defining the tool retract motions
>           c. Defining the tool change motions
Agreed that it would be good if the machine tool vendor can define these.
Use of AP-242 would be most convenient because all the other machine
specific data is going here

> 3. Implementation Method for JavaScript and WebGL.
>          a. Purpose/role/customer for the new method
>          b. Requirements for success
Agreed that this is interesting and needs more investigation in
preparation for proposal.

> http://www.steptools.com/demos/
>
> Martin Hardwick
> Team Leader
Aydin apology
Tom Scotton apology
Bengt apology
Alain. me, Dave L, Dave O, Fred, Vincent. Mikael, Bob E