[step-manufacturing] Application Survey

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Wed Sep 14 12:24:22 EDT 2011

All,

After the conference call last week I received feedback on the different
technologies discussed. This seemed like a very useful response so I am
asking you to do similar. This is a voluntary organization so please
respond according to where you think you will be able to contribute time
and resources. We can discuss on the next conference call.

Martin Hardwick
Team Leader STEP-Manufacturing

a. CAM to CAM data exchange
b. Automated tool assembly
c. Automated feed-speed optimization
d. Accuracy prediction
e. Closed loop machining
f. Tape laydown and fiber placement
g. Other (please specify)

a. CAM to CAM data exchange                     High Importance
b. Automated tool assembly                           Low Importance
c. Automated feed-speed optimization          High Importance
d. Accuracy prediction                                   Medium Importance
e. Closed loop machining                                High Importance